Melbourne Shrine of Remembrance

Dedicated to the Shrine of Remembrance in Melbourne. This monument was erected to honour those Australian servicemen and women who served during world war one. Here you will find snippets of information not found in any tourist guide book!

Friday, May 26, 2006

Guard Goofs!




The Shrine of Remembrance is guarded 24 hours a day by members of the Victoria Police, Protective Services Unit.

http://www.police.vic.gov.au

These guards have to do a separate 'Shrine Guard' course during which they learn about the Shrine, it's customs & meanings and other things such as flag protocol, rifle drill & ceremonial duties.

The biggest day of the year for these chaps is ANZAC day where they all participate in various ceremonial duties from dawn to dusk! - They are considered, by many, to be the Victoria Police's finest, they are highly disciplined and trained to a very high standard in footdrill!

This year, however, one of their squad made a bit of a boo-boo! Check out this picture a friend of a friend emailed me! - It shows one of these 'Elite' members committing a 'Cardinal Sin' whilst on parade! - He has presented himself without his hat!!

I bet he was barked at by his commanding officer afterwards, and was probably made to do potatoe peeling duties as penance to make up for his
Gargantuous Gaff!!

10 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who are you Marvin B. Stokes and how do you know so much about the Shrine?
Who is the friend of a friend and if I find him, look out.

PS. I did not peel one potato after my GAFF

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you would like to contact me i can supply many photo's of the guards and shrine.
you can C B etter in real life than on a computer.

 
At 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marvin B, are you by chance fimiliar with the laws of copyright??

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger Marvin B. Stokes said...

Dear 'anonymous' - What the f**k is 'fimiliar' ?!!

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I know who you are, Marvin or should that be Martin.

Bob Parr

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I know who you are, Marvin or should that be Martin.

Bob Parr

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have it confirmed by a third party Marvin B.

I know who you are.

Bob Parr

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many a man aspires to be a Shrine Guard and I'm sure not all meet the strict selection criteria required to join this elite regiment. The guy is obviously a nuffy who picked up a uniform at Aussie disposals & slipped in there while no one was looking thus explaining the lack of hat & rifle. I mean take a close look - he looks a few bob short don't you think????

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Marvin B. Stokes said...

Dear anonymous,

I know what you are saying, however, I have it on good authority that this person is, in fact, one of the 'elite' Shrine Guard regiment.

Thanks for the comment.

 
At 4:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is the chubby hatless guy in the photo?
I would like him to guard my shrine he fuels my eternal flame

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Visitors